Join Sabeel founder Rev. Canon Naim Ateek and global representatives from the international Sabeel movement this coming Holy Saturday for our annual Easter in Jerusalem virtual service.
Reflecting upon the unholy alliance of religion, violent power, self-interest, and greed that conspired to crucify our Lord, we can't help but draw contemporary parallels. Yet, we remember too that God in Christ conquered the powers of evil and death.
As followers of the living Christ, we continue to challenge the powers of domination and oppression that humiliate and suppress our people, and all peoples, seeking to replace them with justice, peace, and reconciliation here on earth as it is in heaven.
Many thanks to our co-sponsors:
- Palestinian Christian Alliance for Peace (PCAP)
- Indiana Center for Middle East Peace (ICMEP)
- Israel-Palestine Mission Network (IPMN)
- United Church of Christ Palestine Israel Network (UCC PIN)
- Episcopal Peace Fellowship Palestine Israel Network (EPF PIN)
- The Mennonite Palestine Israel Network (MennoPIN)
- United Methodist Kairos Response (UMKR)
- Unitarian Universalists for Justice in the Middle East (UUJME)
- Disciples of Christ Palestine Israel Network (DisciplesPIN)
- Alliance of Baptists: Justice in Palestine and Israel (AllianceJPI)
- Global Kairos for Justice US (GJK-US)
- Community Renewal Society (CRS)
- Joining Hands for Justice in Palestine and Israel (JHJPI)
- Kairos Puget Sound Coalition (KPSC)
- Mideast Focus Ministry of St. Mark's Cathedral (MEFocus)
- Peacemaker Trust (PT)
- The Bishop’s Committee for Justice and Peace in the Holy Land (Diocese of Olympia)